Criminal Law, Personal Injury & Employment Law
Whittel & Melton, LLC is a South Florida law firm, focused on defending clients accused of crimes as well as victims injured in accidents and those victimized in the workplace. Our attorneys are proud to deliver a personalized and focused counsel to our many Florida clients.
Our firm handles all phases of economic or White Collar Criminal allegations including Fraud & Financial Crimes, Bank Fraud; Tax Fraud, Insurance Fraud and Money Laundering. Our firm represents clients charged with serious Felonies, including Sex Crimes, Rape, Sexual Assault and Sexual Battery; Failure to Register as a Sex Offender, Child Abuse, Possession of Child Pornography, as well as Capital Murder and Manslaughter.
The legal team at Whittel & Melton also handles a variety of Federal and Florida State criminal matters. We commonly represent those who are victims of DUI and those wrongly charged with DUI Manslaughter and Felony DUI. Our attorneys serve clients in Palm Beach County as well as Miami-Dade, Broward, Martin, Monroe and Indian River counties. In addition, we often act as co-counsel or as advisory lawyers to other law firms on various cases throughout the state.
The Florida Personal Injury cases we handle include auto accidents, motorcycle accidents, ATV and truck accidents as well as premises liability cases and cruise ship and other maritime accidents.
Whittel & Melton meets our clients’ expectation of how their case should be handled because we are focused on personal injury law and criminal defense. Our lawyers and extensive support staff of legal assistants, paralegals and private investigators are committed to exceeding our clients' needs and we form a unique strategy to address the particular facts and circumstances for each of our clients’ cases.
The State and Federal Employment disputes handled by Whittel & Melton include FLSA(fair labor standards act), Wage and Overtime disputes, Minimum Wage Violations, Discrimination(age, sex, disability, pregnancy, national origin, race), Retaliation claims including FMLA(family medical leave act), workers compensation and sexual harassment in the workplace, Whistleblower protection, qui tam and other civil rights pursuits.
Whittel & Melton's success and reputation has always been based on high quality legal work, performed by well-prepared lawyers who are devoted to their clients.
If you or a loved one has been injured in one of the above, contact us online or call (561)367-8777 to meet with an attorney about your case.
- 677 Children Have Died In Hot Cars Since 1998 Have you ever thought how do people leave their kids in cars and forget about them? The truth is we are all human and capable of making mistakes. In
- Biker Killed in Marion County Crash A man was killed earlier this month after he lost control of his motorcycle and tumbled more than 100 feet in Marion County, according to the Florida
- Car Crashes Into Largo Post Office No one was injured Tuesday morning after a car rammed into the entrance of the Largo Post Office. Largo Police and Largo Fire both responded to the
- Information from Informants Now Fair Game in Criminal Discovery: Jailhouse "snitches" no longer protected by rules of criminal procedure The Florida Supreme Court amended the Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure last week, stripping Florida state prosecutors of their discretion to
- Three Men Arrested for Fraud in Palm Beach ATM conspiracy Three men– a native Russian and two Latvians–were recently arrested by Federal Agents who say that the men were using skimming devices on
- North Miami Mayor Charged with Wire Fraud and Mortgage Fraud The Palm Beach Post is reporting that North Miami Mayor, Lucie Tondreau, has been charged with mortgage fraud and wire fraud. North Miami mayor, Lucie