Criminal Law, Personal Injury & Employment Law
Whittel & Melton, LLC is a South Florida law firm, focused on defending clients accused of crimes as well as victims injured in accidents and those victimized in the workplace. Our attorneys are proud to deliver a personalized and focused counsel to our many Florida clients.
Our firm handles all phases of economic or White Collar Criminal allegations including Fraud & Financial Crimes, Bank Fraud; Tax Fraud, Insurance Fraud and Money Laundering. Our firm represents clients charged with serious Felonies, including Sex Crimes, Rape, Sexual Assault and Sexual Battery; Failure to Register as a Sex Offender, Child Abuse, Possession of Child Pornography, as well as Capital Murder and Manslaughter.
The legal team at Whittel & Melton also handles a variety of Federal and Florida State criminal matters. We commonly represent those who are victims of DUI and those wrongly charged with DUI Manslaughter and Felony DUI. Our attorneys serve clients in Palm Beach County as well as Miami-Dade, Broward, Martin, Monroe and Indian River counties. In addition, we often act as co-counsel or as advisory lawyers to other law firms on various cases throughout the state.
The Florida Personal Injury cases we handle include auto accidents, motorcycle accidents, ATV and truck accidents as well as premises liability cases and cruise ship and other maritime accidents.
Whittel & Melton meets our clients’ expectation of how their case should be handled because we are focused on personal injury law and criminal defense. Our lawyers and extensive support staff of legal assistants, paralegals and private investigators are committed to exceeding our clients' needs and we form a unique strategy to address the particular facts and circumstances for each of our clients’ cases.
The State and Federal Employment disputes handled by Whittel & Melton include FLSA(fair labor standards act), Wage and Overtime disputes, Minimum Wage Violations, Discrimination(age, sex, disability, pregnancy, national origin, race), Retaliation claims including FMLA(family medical leave act), workers compensation and sexual harassment in the workplace, Whistleblower protection, qui tam and other civil rights pursuits.
Whittel & Melton's success and reputation has always been based on high quality legal work, performed by well-prepared lawyers who are devoted to their clients.
If you or a loved one has been injured in one of the above, contact us online or call (561)367-8777 to meet with an attorney about your case.
- Woman Bit on Arm by Alligator in Seminole County A 40-year-old woman was bitten on the arm by what wildlife officials think was a nearly 11-foot alligator earlier this month in Seminole County. The
- 50 Former Wrestlers Sue WWE More than 50 ex-wrestlers have filed a Connecticut lawsuit stating that World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. is responsible for their long-term
- Disney Worker Fired, Rehired Over Tweet About Alligators A Disney College Program participant working in Magic Kingdom restaurants was fired and subsequently rehired after she Tweeted a picture of a sign
- Three Charged in $1 Billion Medicare Fraud Scheme In Miami Three people have been convicted of alleged Medicare and Medicaid fraud in a $1 billion scheme in Miami. "This is the largest single criminal
- South Florida Doctor Gets 3 Years for Medicare Fraud A South Florida doctor will spend more than three years in federal prison after pleading guilty to falsely diagnosing hundreds of patients in a
- Information from Informants Now Fair Game in Criminal Discovery: Jailhouse "snitches" no longer protected by rules of criminal procedure The Florida Supreme Court amended the Florida Rules of Criminal Procedure last week, stripping Florida state prosecutors of their discretion to